Ever dream of little morsels of vegan and gluten free breakfast donut deliciousness? Well dream no longer! They actually exist!
I made these the other morning when the family was craving something sweet, warm and yummy with coffee. They are super easy to make and are ready in as little as 15 minutes. All you need to do is whip up the batter, grease a little muffin pan and pop them into the oven.
I made these using Wholesome Chow's Chai Spice Cake Mix, but you can use any of our cake mixes, simply follow the directions on the package.
Once they are finish cooking, brush them with some melted butter and toss in some cinnamon and sugar. Et voila! Breakfast is served.
Mini Gluten Free Vegan Donut Holes
Makes 24 little morsels
1 package Wholesome Chow's Chai Spice Cake Mix (or our Vanilla, Lavender or Chocolate are great too)
1 1/4 cup Milk (non-dairy or dairy)
1 tsp Cider Vinegar (no necessary if making the Chocolate Cake Mix)
1/4 cup Oil
1 tbsp Butter (non-dairy or dairy), melted
1/3 cup Sugar (I like to use an unrefined sugar)
1 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a mini muffin pan (mine fit 24 muffins, but often times they only fit 12, so use two pans if so)
- Whisk together Milk, Cider Vinegar and Oil.
- Add Baking Mix and whisk until well incorporated.
- Portion batter into mini muffin pan(s) using a spoon.
- Place into oven and bake for 12-17 minutes, depending on size of mini muffin pan Test for doneness with a toothpick, or touch one of the muffins (they are hot!) and make sure it is "springy"
- Pull from oven once finished.
- Melt butter and, using a pastry brush, pain butter onto the tops of all the muffins (while they are still in the pan)
- Use a fork and remove muffins from pan while still hot.
- Toss together cinnamon and sugar in a bowl, then toss each little donut hole in the mixture to coat.
- Enjoy with coffee while still hot, or store in an airtight container for 3-4 days.